Our Mission is to ensure that the Parliaments of Africa remain united, work together and speak with one voice in pushing the African Common Position as enunciated by the Ezulwini Consensus and the Sirte Declaration. In an effort to guide Parliaments to make certain that their governments resist the temptation and efforts by some UN Member States and interest groups to divide and distract Africa from its Common Position, we urge members of Parliament to exchange views on the following C-10 guidance:
- Regional representation as opposed to individual Member States admission to the Permanent category;
- Restate the African position on the Veto and resist the creation of a third category of membership of the Security Council;
- Resist any intermediate/transitional arrangement;
- Encourage African countries to delink membership of other interest groups which creates the impression of a divided Africa;
- All AU Member States should continue to defend, promote and advocate the Common African Position on all aspects of the reform at every opportunity.